Join us in prayer for the work we are doing around the world.
“But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good” (Psalm 52:8-9)
We pray for students as they take their final exams during the close of the school period, as well as for the students who will take the National Exams this year. We pray that the Lord raises a generation of young Christians who practice and promote values based on God’s Word.
We pray for Family Camp this summer which will take place between July 14 and August 3 in La Romana, Dominican Republic. We pray for a special time during which we enjoy God’s love and kindness through each of the activities that we will share with the groups and the schools.
We pray over the visit from Edify-Peru and our MFI partner in July. We pray in order that it is a time of blessing where we could share knowledge, experiences and our passion for working for the Lord.
We give thanks to the Lord for listening to our prayers. We thank the Lord for everything He has done, for what He is doing and for what He will continue to do. We know he continues to work through each one of the members of the Edify family around the world and we give thank for those who support Christian education and the agenda of expanding God’s kingdom for His glory.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US IN PRAYER!!
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters”. COLOSSIANS 3:23
- Thank you Lord, for each one of our team members in the Dominican Republic and for everyone who serves you around the world. Thank you for the privilege of serving you and giving hope to others through Christ-centered education. Thank you for the opportunity to be witnesses of your glory in the lives of others.
- We pray for those you have placed in positions of authority and responsibility in the schools and also for those you have placed in positions of authority in our partner financial institutions (ASPIRE and Esperanza). We are grateful for the redeeming work that the Lord is doing in the schools and with the people that manage the schools, so that the work of the Lord is manifested in the educational system!
- We pray for the Edify program, trainings, workshops and other educational activities that involve proprietors, directors and leaders of the schools, in order that these activities can be a blessing to them and impact the students’ lives and the lives of their families. We pray for the administrators of the educational system in the countries where Edify is working–that they might be ministered to and work with wisdom and with Christ as the center of their lives.
- We pray for the Edify team in the Dominican Republic. We pray for the individual gifts and talents of each one of them and that each of the members of the staff has the wisdom to serve as part of God’s plans. We thank the Lord for his presence and wisdom as we seek to glorify His name in all that we do.
- We pray for upcoming proprietor trainings, for AMO trainings this summer, for the close of the academic school year in June and for the summer to be a time of rest, reflection and planning for the schools’ teachers and leadership.
Thank you for joining us in prayer!
Prayer requests from Rwanda
- Please pray for Fran. She will is in Canada for a couple of weeks visiting. Pray this will be a time to connect with loved ones and to recharge. Pray also over Alpha as she prepares to welcome a new baby into the world.
- Pray for Godfrey, as he is the only one on the ground in Rwanda right now. Help uplift him and lean on the Lord.
- Thank you Jesus for a great group of Cornerstone interns! We praise you for your provision of such incredible young people. We ask for continued maturity, confidence and wisdom as they share biblical truth and leadership with high school students.
- Pray for a smooth transition back to school, back to routines and discipline- something that can be tough for students after a holiday break.
- Lastly, please pray for the schools involved in the English communities of practice. We want these schools to lead this initiative and pray for motivation and commitment to making the small groups a success- on their own terms.
Prayer requests from Rwanda
We have been a little bit quiet on the blog lately. We look forward to catching you up on our news and prayer requests in the coming weeks.
Thank you for praying for us and with us during the month of April! Here are some specific requests
- Please pray for comfort, strength and peace as Rwanda reflects on the 20th year anniversary of the genocide against the Tutsi people. The month of April is a time of memorial and remembrance and is a difficult time for Rwanda people.
- Please pray for students on school holidays. We hope they will have time to be with family, refresh and prepare to start a new term.
- Join us in praying for the selection of 2 new Cornerstone interns to join our current team of 6. These students are sharing leadership principles based on the life of Jesus with students in 4 partner schools.
- We ask the Lord to help up feel unity of our small team in Rwanda. We often work remotely and don’t connect in person all the time, pray that we are able to encourage one another and connect on a deep level despite distance.
Happy New Year! Thank you for praying over our work in Rwanda. This month, we want to focus on prayers of thankfulness. Please join us in praising the Lord for all the ways He has blessed us.
- Thank you Lord for each one of our team members in Rwanda and around the world. We are grateful for the community of people we work with and for their individual gifts and talents. Thank you most of all for your Son who unites us
- Thank you for a great start to the Cornerstone program, and for the opportunity to reach twice as many schools this year with the program.
- We praise you for daily blessings; health, clean water, security and family.
- Thank you Lord for you presence and wisdom as we seek to glorify you in all that we do.
Maria Teresa is one of those special school proprietor who is excellent at what she does and articulates well the “why” of her vocation. Her school, Centro Educativo Mami Luisa, has done a Christmas pageant and dance exhibition since the school was founded in 1998. This year, she opened the ceremonies with the reminder:
“We may paint the house this Christmas season. We might buy new clothes. We will definitely buy gifts. But is that the point? Isn’t the point that God sent his Son to bring grace into our lives? Let’s thank Him tonight.”
She then referenced the banner behind her that read “King of our lives.” As a devout Catholic, she shared that having God be the driver and director of her actions is paramount in her life. Her school is a place that creates space for teachers, staff and students to grow. Her school also invites parents to take part. What is always striking to me about Christmas pageants and other school performances is that parents are showing up for their children. They are putting their love for their children into action by being present to watch them sing and dance (and scream knock into each other adorably).
As I watched the pre-school class act out the words of the angel to Mary saying “do not be afraid,” I was reminded that it is often the children who teach us—as professionals, as parents and as community members—about the message sent to us through Jesus. May their sweet faces be physical reminders of the joy we have in the Little One sent to us through humble parents.
As we gather for Christmas, let us pray for our gathering places–churches, playgrounds, parks, shopping centers. Perhaps a school is another one of those gathering places where we bump elbows, exchange smiles and maybe learn from each other.
A kindergartener sits on his father’s shoulder to watch his older siblings perform after he’s finished playing his role in the reenactment of the Three Wise Men’s visit to behold the infant Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Thank you for praying over Edify’s work in Rwanda.
This month we would especially appreciate your prayers for:
1) Cornerstone Interns – We are still in the process of selecting the final candidates for our Cornerstone Leadership Academy intern program. These young leaders will be stationed in two Edify client schools and will mentor, teach leadership and try to encourage students to live out their faith. We are thrilled with this program’s impact last year and are hopeful for similar fruit in 2014.
2) Pray for the Imena Teachermate club- please pray for students at Imena School who are working on the Teachermate literacy software during the holiday break . Also, pray for students learning to use the program for the first time. It takes some time and patience to get the hang of it and this time is critical in establishing a strong foundation before the school year starts.. Please pray for Claude, who is the lead on this initiative at Imena school- for energy, patience and continued enthusiasm. We are thankful for his hard work and commitment to Teachermate over the last year.
3) Health for team members- there seem to be a lot of flu bugs going around Kigali. Please pray for the health of team members and partners in Rwanda.
4) Please join us in praying for wisdom as we plan and seek clarity for the future .
Please continue pray for Edify’s work in Rwanda. Our current requests are for….
* School-based trainings. We are conducting several mini-trainings for teachers at partner schools throughout the holidays . We pray that these trainings are fruitful and the information gained is used to help them become better teachers. We pray they will glorify God in their classrooms.
* Wisdom. We pray for wisdom in the selection of inters for the 2014 FY cornerstone program. We pray that God will bring us the right candidates as we begin recruitment next week.
* Please pray with us for health and safety for the field staff.
* Please continue to pray for clarity and wisdom for Edify’s work in Rwanda moving forward.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Thank you for continuing to pray for Edify’s work (and team) in Rwanda! Below are some current prayer requests-
* Please pray for students writing exams in primary schools this week. Pray for their success, their spirits and peace throughout this stressful time.
*Pray for schools participating in the Quickbooks accounting training as they wind up the end of the year. Our prayer is for them to implement what they learn and for the software to bring about improved financial management
* Continue to join us in praying for clarify surrounding the future of Edify’s work in Rwanda.