Position Start Date: September 1, 2019
Location: Preferably San Diego, CA
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
We are looking for a top performing, high functioning Content Writer who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative workplace. The Content Writer will play a crucial role in growing Edify’s brand experience through creation and editing of consistent content with a goal of growing Edify’s overall awareness and donor base. A successful candidate will have a good understanding of all aspects of digital communications, marketing and social media and be a-ble to capitalize on and keep up to date with new technologies. The overall goal for this position is to increase Edify’s visibility and engagement across all communications platforms, and improve the overall quality of Edify’s brand experience through storytelling. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Content Writer will work closely with the Creative Director and Communications Team to effectively identify, create, and produce clear and professional pieces that are available to donors and Edify stakeholders.
- Must be: adaptable, have strong research skills, solid understanding of SEO, and have outstanding editing ability.
- Assist Director in the continued development and implementation of a comprehensive organizational communication strategy that represents the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives that includes innovative ideas to share Edify’s stories and strategy to grow awareness, increase engagement and optimize the user experience.
- Create and/or edit content for the website, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), newsletters (print and/or online), blog, annual report, and other appropriate outlets to ensure a consistent voice for an optimal brand experience for our donors and stakeholders.
- Assist Director to create/manage annual content calendar.
- Assist Creative Director in social media content and ensure proper dissemination of multimedia content.
- In collaboration with Director, assist in updating content on Edify’s website.
- Work with Director and Creative Director to develop content for digital fundraising campaigns, external marketing pieces, blogs, etc.
- Works with Director and Creative Director to add and maintain content section to Edify’s Identity Manual that clearly outlines brand consistent language to be used organization-wide.
- Support Director with PR outreach initiatives targeting public platforms, community groups, churches, and other potential and current institutional content partners.
- Any other related job functions as required.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree. Preferably in Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- 3-5 Years of experience working in marketing, writing, or international development.
- Experienced communicator that can interact at the executive level.
- Experienced in writing content for print and online platforms.
- Passion to help millions of disadvantaged children in the developing world obtain a quality Christian education.
- Efficient and persistent, with extensive experience managing and juggling diverse tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and technology-based communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Creative and aggressive problem-solver with experience in organizing others to accomplish projects.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands and multiple deadlines.
- Interest in participating in fundraising and development work and ability to represent the organization with excellence.
- Utmost professionalism when dealing with confidential matters and with people inside and outside the organization.
- Strong MS Office skill set (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and the ability to create high-quality presentations.
- Proficiency with tools including Adobe programs and/or equivalent/relevant software, Microsoft Office tools and Google+ and familiarity with advanced Smartphones
- Ability to travel
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume along with salary history to email@example.com.
Edify is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates including people of color, women and members of other historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.