Let’s be honest, the holiday season is busy! Christmas parties to go to, decorations to hang, gifts to buy, kids off from school to entertain, and the list goes on and on.
God loves a cheerful giver, but with so much going on it can be hard to remember the gift He has for us in this act of worship. Whether it is volunteering at your church, serving at a shelter, or donating to your favorite non-profit, it is easy to lose the vision and inspiration for generosity.
Here are five of our favorite books that have inspired passion for generosity within our Edify team:
- The Treasure Principle: Unlocking the Secret of Joyful Giving, by Randy Alcorn
- Rooting for Rivals: How Collaboration and Generosity Increase the Impact of Leaders, Charities, and Churches, by Peter Greer and Chris Horst
- The Generosity Factor: Discover the Joy of Giving Your Time, Talent, and Treasure, by Ken Blanchard and S. Truett Cathy
- Giving It All Away…and Getting It All Back Again: The Way of Living Generously, by Bill Highand David Green
- Gospel Patrons: People’s Whose Generosity Changed the World, by John Rinehart
These books are full of wisdom and direction for finding our way back to the joy in co-laboring with the Father to steward what He has given us.
“Once we understood that we were giving away God’s money to do God’s work, we discovered a peace and joy we never had back when we thought it was our money.” –The Treasure Principle
“We are part of a movement that has no end. We are on the same team. Let’s cheer each other on.” –Rooting for Rivals
“…a changed heart is a generous heart. The old way is to desire to have the good things to flow toward us. The new way is to want the good things to flow out of us. As a result, even greater things flow into our lives.” –The Generosity Factor
“We give with joy in our hearts. We give out of our humble circumstances. We give out of our wealth.” –Giving it All Away
“I believe that when you an I can imagine ourselves on the inside of history’s great movements, then we are on our way to discover our place in the stories yet to be written.” –Gospel Patrons
So, if you are feeling exhausted from a busy year, we pray that God would reignite you and fill you with joy this season.
“We are completely filled with God as Christ’s fullness overflows within us.” -Colossians 2:10 TPT