IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Edify’s mission is improving and expanding sustainable, Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non-profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Peru, Northeast India, Uganda and Rwanda.
Location: San Diego, CA; Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN; or Remote (US Only)
Reports To: EdTech Implementation Manager
Salary: Competitive (Based on Experience)
Benefits: Competitive medical and dental benefits and PTO.
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist passionate about using technical skills to support their team’s productive and secure use of technology.. The IT Support Specialist is the first point of contact for technical support requests across the organization and follows up quickly to enable the Edify staff to function efficiently. As Edify implements new technology or makes changes to existing processes, the IT Support Specialist will research, recommend and help to implement best practices, along with keeping detailed documentation on our technical decisions.
- Provide technical support to the Edify team both remotely and at the San Diego office.
- Monitor incoming requests for technical support and follow up in a timely manner or assign the request to the appropriate person on the team with the information.
- Create technical documentation and maintain up-to-date information on Edify’s IT equipment, software, configurations and processes.
- Research and provide recommendations on IT processes to improve organizational productivity and security.
- Implement recommended best practices from IT security audits and help ensure processes are maintained consistently across the organization.
- Configure and deploy new IT equipment according to the internal build checklist and ensure consistent configurations using our MDM.
- Assist educational technology team with questions regarding tech deployed at Edify partner schools around the world.
- Create and update IT related trainings to help keep the Edify team secure and to provide instruction on process changes.
This position will be a full-time position, based in Edify’s US headquarters in San Diego, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, or remote, but will be interacting with our team in the San Diego head office and internationally, across the countries in which we work. The atmosphere of Edify is one where you can expect to perform widely varied tasks across the technology spectrum.
Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting.
Current IT certifications (CompTIA, MSC, etc.) or coursework in-progress required.
- Must have spent at least 2 years working in a technical support role.
- IT certifications demonstrating expertise are highly desirable.
- Passion for Edify’s mission.
- Living example of servant leadership, humble and willing to learn.
- Passionate about Edify’s mission and alleviating global poverty.
- High degree of integrity.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to take self-directed initiative to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Ability, willingness, and flexibility to learn.
- Capacity for patiently providing support for end users and training others to use technology.
- The ability to write detailed technical documentation that is clear and can be followed by other members of the team when needed.
- Experience troubleshooting a broad range of technical issues.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.