Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable, Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non- profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Peru, Northeast India, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Location: Remote (USA Only)
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Competitive medical & dental benefits and PTO
Job Type: Full Time; Exempt
Edify seeks a top performing, high functioning IT Manager who thrives in an innovative, global team. The IT Manager is responsible for the daily administration, monitoring, maintenance, support, optimization, security, and end-user training for all internal Edify systems related to technology. He or she should understand emerging Information Technology (IT) and Information Systems (IS) trends and applications, anticipate what team members need from information services, and proactively ensure that technology is highly effective, stable, and user-friendly. The IT Manager is passionate about technology and must proactively engage with new technologies, security threats and implement compliance requirements. They work collaboratively to address the needs and deficiencies in the organization and advocate for innovation and improvement in IT services and support. The IT Manager will be responsible for supervising our growing IT team.
● Collaborate with operational leadership to assess and deliver on functional needs of Edify in relation to hardware and software standards.
● Communicate frequently with Edify leadership to have understanding of ongoing and future projects to ensure that the IT team is prepared to assist when needed.
● Work with CTO and Technology Innovation Manager on overall technology priorities and focus.
● Evaluate existing systems and/or user/business needs to analyze, design, recommend and implement system updates and/or changes.
● Analyze impact of proposed solutions to determine changes to business/operational roles and procedures
● Provide input to the development of formal business cases when enterprise-wide business solutions are proposed.
● Develop workflows for the use of Edify technology and document our processes for team-wide use.
Supervise IT Staff
● Train, develop, and manage a team of IT professionals.
● The IT Manager and their team will monitor, provide assistance with, and achieve resolution to all issues, service tickets and projects relating to IT.
● Ensure key IT processes and support issues are well documented and transferrable for ongoing IT team training.
● Oversee end-user training for all internal Edify systems related to technology
● Contribute to and oversee implementation of policies and best practices to help keep the global Edify team secure.
● Advise CTO on new global or local security concerns, compliance, and best practices.
● Maintain security of all Edify data and establish and administer complete business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response plans for all systems, applications and data.
● Assist with installation, relocation, configuration, troubleshooting and ongoing usability of phones, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
● Maintain a strong working knowledge of all the equipment and systems supported by the IT department by keeping current with all documentation and by participating in continuing education programs.
● Maintain oversight of Edify’s technology assets ; including vendor relationships, ordering, receiving, and deployment along with tracking support issues and
● Evaluate and integrate hardware, software, and workflow upgrades
● Collaborate in the maintenance of edify.org website.
● Maintain inventory of hardware and manage software updates and licenses. Periodically audit installed software to ensure compliance with commercial
This is a remote, full-time position based in the United States. This person must enjoy a fast paced and enthusiastic work environment. The atmosphere of Edify is one where you can expect to perform widely varied tasks across the technology spectrum.
Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting. Other domestic travel may be required periodically. All international travel is currently paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
● Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to Edify’s mission.
● Living example of servant leadership, humble and willing to learn.
● Passionate about Edify’s mission and alleviating global poverty.
● High degree of integrity.
● Minimum of 2 years experience leading and managing an IT team.
● Microsoft, Google or CompTIA certifications preferred or equivalent experience.
● Expertise in IT security management
● Remote network maintenance, monitoring, upgrades and troubleshooting.
● Backup and restoring of data using multiple types of backup hardware and software.
● Experience supporting the use of Salesforce preferred.
● Working knowledge of Windows 10, but not limited to, general maintenance, deployments, and troubleshooting.
● Networking experience (firewalls, VPN, DSL/Cable router installations, etc.)
● Working knowledge of Google Workplace preferred
● Frequent direct interaction with internal users, preferably in a global context.
● Experience dealing with technical issues via telephone and remotely, as well as onsite.
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.