Senior Staff Accountant
Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non-profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Northeast India, Peru, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, and Uganda.
Position Start Date: March 1, 2021
Location: Remote (US only)
Salary Range: Commensurate (based on experience)
Benefits: Competitive medical & dental benefits and PTO
Job Type: Full Time; Exempt
We are looking for a top performing, high-functioning Senior Staff Accountant who will thrive in an innovative and mission-focused work environment. The position will have primary responsibility for the domestic and international accounting function. We are entering an exciting season of growth at Edify and are looking for a servant-hearted leader to develop with us.
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger including accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaid accounts, donation processing, etc.
- Daily communication with domestic and international staff. Provide general accounting guidance and best practices training as needed.
- Prepare for the fiscal year-end audit and assist in preparation of informational tax returns and other government filings.
- Monitor internal controls, implement effective procedures, and improve accounting policies.
- Perform any other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required.
Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting. Other domestic travel may be required periodically. All international travel is currently paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Communications)
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of Edify
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A minimum 1-2 years of multi-faceted accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Excel
- Desire to advance within the organization
- Non-profit experience and/or experience working with international staff or vendors
- Public accounting background
- Experience using QuickBooks and/or higher level accounting software (NetSuite, Intacct, Accounting Seed, etc.)
- Experience using Salesforce
- Proficient in Spanish and/or French
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.