Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable, Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non- profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Peru, Northeast India, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Desired Start Date: June 1, 2021
Location: Remote (US Only)
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Competitive medical & dental benefits and PTO
Job Type: Full Time; Exempt
We are looking for a top performing, high-functioning Staff Accountant that will thrive in a challenging, innovative, and empowering mission-focused work environment. This full-time position will be remote in the United States and report directly to the Accounting Manager. The position will have primary responsibility for the domestic accounting function and shared responsibility for the international accounting function. We are entering an exciting season of growth and innovation at Edify, and are looking for a servant-hearted leader to grow and develop with us!
• Maintain and reconcile the general ledger including accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaid accounts, donation processing, etc.
• Daily communication with domestic and international staff. Provide general accounting guidance and best practices training as needed.
• Prepare for the fiscal year-end audit and assist in preparation of informational tax returns and other government filings.
• Monitor internal controls, implement effective procedures, and improve accounting policies.
• Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
Edify holds an annual all-staff meeting, alternating in a US-based or international location each year. Travel would be required to attend this meeting. Other domestic travel may be required periodically. All international travel is currently paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of Edify
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
• A minimum of 1 year of multi-faceted accounting experience
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Excel
• Desire to advance within the organization Desirable:
• Non-profit experience and/or experience working with international staff or vendors
• Public accounting background
• Experience using QuickBooks and/or higher level accounting software (NetSuite, Intacct,
Accounting Seed, etc.)
• Experience using Salesforce and Concur
• Proficient in Spanish and/or French
• Loan analysis experience
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.