Edify’s mission is to improve and expand sustainable, Christ-centered education globally. Edify is a non-profit organization registered in the U.S. since 2009 and now has operations in Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Northeast India, Peru, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, and Uganda.
Learn more at www.edify.org
|Project Length:||June 1 – September 30, 2020 (4-month contract)|
|Location:||San Diego, CA or Remote|
|Job Type:||Part-time contractor (1099) position|
|Compensation:||Commensurate with experience and competitive with other nonprofits|
Edify is looking for a mission-driven, independent Salesforce Administrator, who loves creating organizational value through the use of Salesforce. You will be managing our Salesforce Lightning Platform, Non-Profit Success Pack, Chatter, and a custom Program Management app. You will be responsible for all aspects of Salesforce across the organization including supporting all users, staying up to date with the software, and keeping the system running smoothly. This is a brand-new organization-wide installation of the platform; as such, you will have a significant impact on ensuring that Edify is using the system effectively. You will be working closely with our Salesforce implementation partner during the integration phase, and then supporting our organization once the system is deployed. You will play an essential role in managing, editing, and customizing the Salesforce Lightning database in support of organizational goals and operational needs. You will work closely with global management and users across several departments to design solutions for supporting day-to-day inputting, reporting, and analysis. This is a 4-month contract project, part-time (approximately 20 hours/week) with the opportunity for renewal.
- Support 20 users at all levels of the organization with use of the Salesforce platform.
- Drive user adoption and maximize efficient use of the system.
- Create page layouts, reports, dashboards, workflows, and validations as necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ensure the system is up to date and properly maintained.
- Develop a maintenance plan and train stakeholders.
- Stay current with the Salesforce ecosystem, adapting the system to take advantage of new features, and managing roll-outs.
- Work with end users to provide coaching around best practices on Salesforce usage.
- Create and maintain end-user documentation, including internal processes.
- Execute day-to-day configuration, reporting, training, support, maintenance, and overall improvement of the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Partner with business stakeholders to proactively identify, drive, and build improvements, enhancements, and system customization that solves business needs.
- Perform standard administrator functions such as user management, report/dashboard maintenance, field and object creation/modification, page layout updates, etc.
- Commitment to Edify’s mission and values
- High degree of integrity
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Solid understanding of the platform, with the ability to build customizations of varying complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices
- Ability to work with large data sets, transform data, and utilize data import tools such as Data Loader
- Living example of servant leadership
- Ability, willingness, and flexibility to learn
- Excellent time management skills and ability to take self-directed initiative to achieve agreed upon goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator of NPSP
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required (Advanced Administrator certification preferred)
Background check: Successful completion of a background check is required.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.